The Living Learning Collective at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and Trinity Graduate School exist to assist students in the integration of theological reflection with practical application that meets needs for both personal growth and ministry engagement in a residential living community.
We believe that the best opportunity to learn and grow holistically occurs when theological reflection, person development and experiential learning meet. Combining the elements of classroom learning, living experiences and a caring community, the Living Learning Collective creates an intentional environment designed to engage ideas, become bravely introspective and reflective and build into one another and the larger Trinity community.
The Living Learning Collective is housed at Carlson Hall and is an intentional community open through application process to all TEDS/TGS students. The Living Learning Collective facilitates the development of spiritual formation among Trinity graduate students through regular times of prayer, worship, and scripture reading. Trinity graduate education is a great time of intellectual development, and the Living Learning Collective seeks to integrate intellectual and spiritual development among Trinity graduate students. Further, the Living Learning Collective critically engages with justice issues that have historically divided Christians in order to exude the love of Jesus Christ toward one another, the church, and the World. The Living Learning Collective is ultimately meant to help participants grow in love for God and love for their neighbor during their time a Trinity.
- The development of spiritual formation among Trinity graduate students through regular times of prayer, worship, and scripture reading
- Seeking to integrate intellectual and spiritual development among Trinity graduate students
- To integrate the practice of both person reflection and outward engagement as the Christian lifestyle.
Compassion & Justice
- To critically engage with justice issues that have historically divided Christians in order to exude the love of Jesus Christ toward one another, the Church, and the World.
- To help residents grow in love for God and love for their neighbor during their time at Trinity.
Residents will meet weekly on Wednesdays from 11:00 am- 12:20 pm as part of the Mosaic Gathering with fellow students, faculty and community members. Substantial reflection and growth and growth develops from informal gatherings that residents often create both on the floor and within the wider TIU community.
- Up to 2 Field Ed Credits (with Coordinated Campus Change Project or Leadership)
- Membership in a close-knit community
- Practical engagement with classroom content
- Live in a dynamic environment
- Dialogue partners who facilitate thoughtful integration of ideas and practical living
- Life-long ministry partnerships and relationships.
- Participation at the weekly floor meeting
- Participation in a local ministry either on or off campus
- Attending a single day retreat each semester
Students participating are highly recommended to consider registering for one of the following courses:
- PT 7870 Ministry of Mercy and Justice
- CO 7900 Multicultural Counseling
- ME 6760 Theology of Mission & Evangelism
If you have any questions about the Living Learning Collective, please feel free to contact us.
Residence Life Director, Brett Mitchell [email protected]