Dr. Kilner served for more than eleven years as president of The Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity on the Trinity campus, where he continues as senior fellow.
Dr. Kilner has been interviewed in such television venues as NBC (with Tom Brokaw), FOX News (with Bill O’Reilly), CBS, CNN, and PAX, such radio venues as National Public Radio, Moody Broadcasting Network, and Salem Network, and such newspaper venues as the New York Times, Washington Times, and Chicago Tribune. He has served as a professor at Asbury Theological Seminary and at the University of Kentucky and as a senior associate at the Park Ridge Center.
Dr. Kilner has authored/edited twenty-one books published by Eerdmans, Zondervan, Kregel, Tyndale, Yale University Press, and Georgetown University Press, including Biotechnology and the Human Good; Life on the Line: Ethics, Aging, Ending Patients’ Lives, and Allocating Vital Resources; Why the Church Needs Bioethics: A Guide to Wise Engagement with Life’s Challenges; and most recently, Dignity and Destiny: Humanity in the Image of God. He has also written many articles that have appeared in periodicals such as the Hastings Center Report; Journal of Health Politics, Policy, and Law; American Journal of Public Health; Archives of Internal Medicine; Mayo Clinic Proceedings; American Journal of Jurisprudence; and Interpretation.
Awards, Affiliations, and Achievements
- From Harvard – Newcombe, Danforth, Eisenhower, DeKarman, Roothbert, Merit, Howe, and Sheldon awards.
- 2006 Educator of the Year Award – National Christian Medical & Dental Associations.
- 2015 International Paul Ramsey Award for Exemplary Achievement in the Field of Bioethics – The Center for Bioethics & Culture Network.
- 2016 Book of the Year Award (Best Book in Theology or Ethics) for his book Dignity and Destiny: Humanity in the Image of God – Christianity Today.
- American Academy of Religion
- American Society of Bioethics and Humanities
- Society of Christian Ethics
- Senior Fellow of The Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity