The Master of Arts in Leadership develops and equips emerging and current leaders to ethically respond to the demands of a global, knowledge-based society. Graduates are prepared to lead others creatively and knowledgeably in a Christ-honoring way. In today's competitive global marketplace, it is crucial for employees to differentiate themselves by mastering soft skills such as working with other people and communicating effectively across an organization.
Designed to integrate faith into the curriculum, students also have the opportunity to apply their learning through a mentor-guided project in each course. Mentors are selected by the student and certified by the TIU faculty. This component of the program is meant to immerse the student into the leadership curriculum while providing an opportunity for contextual application in the student’s discipline or field.
What courses will I take?
The MA in Leadership prepares students to:
- Understand current and emerging issues in leadership.
- Employ transformation and resolution strategies within conflict situations.
- Apply culturally-sensitive, biblically-framed approaches to leadership.
- Demonstrate increased proficiency in the following competency areas: integrity/spiritual, interpersonal, strategy, and communication.
- Integrate leadership skills within the specialized context of their specific occupational and/or academic discipline.
|Course ID||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|Pre-Requisites (6 hours)|
|ID 5001||Foundations of Integrative Thought||3 hrs|
|ID 5002||Foundations of Cultural Engagement||3 hrs|
|Required Courses (34 hrs)|
|LR 5050||Theory and Theological Foundations of Leadership||3 hrs|
|LR 5430||Conflict Management||3 hrs|
|LR 5900||Ethical Dimensions of Leadership||3 hrs|
|LR 6350||Innovation & Creativity||3 hrs|
|LR 6520||Coaching & Mentoring||3 hrs|
|LR 6710||Followership||3 hrs|
|LR 6830||Strategies for Cross-Generational Leadership||3 hrs|
|LR 6810||Intercultural Leadership||3 hrs|
|ME 8210||Intercultural Communications||3 hrs|
|LR 5530||Interpersonal Communication||3 hrs|
|LR 5535||Interpersonal Skills Training||3 hrs|
|LR 7478||Leadership Seminar & Practicum/Project||4 hrs|